Lelit Mara X PL62X Heat Exchange Espresso Machine Version 2
Lelit Mara X PL62X Heat Exchange Espresso Machine
The Mara X is the Lelit’s next leading breakthrough innovation. Two years in researching, developing, and perfecting the L58E espresso machine now comes to fruition! Lelit’s Mara X espresso machine, with its esteemed L58E grouphead, sports an aesthetic stainless steel body hiding an internal, optimized heat exchange system. Now, you can be an amazing home barista, thanks to how compact the Mara X espresso machine is with its semi-commercial qualities and temperature management system.
Working with a vibration pump manufacturer, Lelit has intensely researched to decrease the noise of Mara’s vibration pump when compared to competitive L58E machines with vibration pumps. The Lelit Mara X espresso machine integrates temperature stability that improves high-quality espresso extractions.
With the help of some of these features, one can enjoy the art and culture of producing excellent espressos, cappuccinos, and lattes in no time!
New Updated Redirected OPV Drain System shipping as of 1/26/2022 (units were produced in 2021):
- The hose from the OPV has been redirected from the drip tray and incorporated into the hoses for the water tank and pump. This will reduce the amount of water released into the drip tray when the OPV opens.
Heat exchange system:
- Pull a shot & steam milk at the same time – Steam is always readily available. Hence, there is no wait time going from coffee to steam mode like dual-purpose single boilers. This works well if entertaining a small group of people.
- Manual reset-able safety thermostat – Located on top of the boiler to prevent overheating. Usually, when a machine overheats, it means you have limescale. The safety thermostat stops the overheating so the boiler and machine do not blow up.
- Stainless steel, insulated boiler – The boiler is made of AISI 316L stainless steel design helps maintain temperature stability, but please note any stainless steel boiler can still develop limescale. Therefore, we highly recommend using a water softener. The manufacturer wraps the boiler with insulation for maximum heat retention and energy savings.
- Thermo-siphon double-cycle heat exchanger system – Keeps the brew group and the boiler always hot, at the right temperature range for making espresso.
- Polymer tubing connection – From the boiler to steam and hot water valves: alimentary polymer tubes resist limescale buildup. These tubes are able to withstand high pressure and high temperatures up to 620 °F. These tubes also facilitate easier repairs with quick connects.
- Power-saving system – Decreases the pressure in the steam boiler when the PL62X is not in active use.
- Preset Temperature programming – Allows you to select from 3 different boiler temperature ranges for different coffee blends.
- Pre-set Temperatures Modes – With each mode comes three pre-set temperatures, which are warm, hot, and extra hot.
- Steam and coffee temperature detection – Performed two times per second and modifies the settings, depending on if the unit is given priority to either coffee mode or steam mode.
- Double probe system – Sustains the brew temperature in order to consistently make the best shots of espresso.
Silent Technology Vibratory pump:
- Efficient and quieter vibration pump – New Lelit Exclusive vibration pump that permits you to brew your espresso in your now utmost silent kitchen. Additionally, it provides water flow that gives you the flexibility to make all different types of coffee using different roasts.
- Cost-effective – Pumps will degrade in performance over time. Replacing a vibration pump will cost less than a rotary vane pump.
Tank / reservoir system:
- Auto-shutoff – Prevents the heating element from damaging when there is no or low water in the reservoir. There is a two-stage shutoff. There is a magnetic float in the water tank that detects when the water is low. The other is the spring-activated plate underneath the water tank that detects when the tank is removed.
- Particle filter – Protects the machine from any unseen particles from entering the boiler. You can remove this filter if you are installing an inline water softener.
- This machine can NOT be plumbed in.
- Always refill the tank/reservoir outside of the machine.
Dual pressure gauge:
- Steam (boiler) pressure gauge – Top half of the boiler, which has steam, is measured. Measurement is from 0 to 4 bar. Optimal pressure is between 0.8 and 1.2.
- Brew pressure gauge – This gauge measures the pump pressure required to get the water through the ground espresso coffee in the filter basket. If too coarse, the gauge will be below 8 bar. If too fine, the gauge will be over 10 bar. The same applies to the amount of coffee in the basket as well as the tamping pressure. Measures from 0 to 16 bar. Optimal pressure is between 8 and 10.
- Constantly heated – Hot water circulates from the heat exchanger through the grouphead and back. This is known as the thermosyphon loop.
- Unique and accurate temperature – Unlike most traditional L58E espresso machines, the Lelit Mara X will allow you to extract espresso temperature is within 2 degrees C. Additionally, you can produce espresso any time without flushing to keep the grouphead’s temperature down.
- Pre-infusion – Lever next to the grouphead activates a microswitch which turns on the pump to pump water through the coffee grinds. Pulling the lever halfway up will open the valve to allow water into the grouphead without activating the pump. Please note that true pre-infusion requires the direct water connection whereby the water pressure from the waterline creates true pre-infusion. In a reservoir machine, the preinfusion is driven by the build-up internal pressure in the heat exchanger. The newly-designed quieter pump enables getting a longer pre-infusion once the lever is brought all the way up to the horizontal position.
- Short wait time – The Lelit Mara PL62X is NOW one of the only espresso machines with an L58E grouphead that has a short waiting time in between brewing espresso. Get ready for those back to back shots when entertaining your guests!
Separate steam / hot water wands:
- Multi-directional – Allows for more movement and flexibility. The wands connect to the valves on an angle to the side for even more flexibility. As a result, there is less risk of burning oneself from the exposed grouphead.
- Cool touch feature – The Lelit Mara X espresso machine sports cool touch steam wands, meaning that you will not burn yourself while touching them! Additionally, they are simple to clean in order for you to avoid limescale and further enjoy creating your desired micro froth.
- 2-hole steam tip – Allows for a slow gradual build-up of microfoam.
- Rotational knobs – Allows for easier control of the intensity. Joysticks typically have fully open and fully closed positions.
- Stainless steel body – Brushed finish diminishes fingerprints.
- New custom temperature switch – No need to worry about the PL62X’s brewing temperature! Now you can use this new switch behind the drip tray and choose one of three settings. Furthermore, these settings are warm, hot, or extra hot.
- Height-adjustable feet – Can compromise with the size of your kitchen cabinets.
- Power plug – Completely detaches from the espresso machine and can fit into the drip tray for long term storage.